Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Fingerprints...

Today I am cleaning child marks of window's, crumbs under chairs, sticky who knows what of table tops etc...
I moan, sigh, grumble and groan out loud at the endless cleaning a preschooler brings to a home. I find my self slightly resenting this time spent when I wish I could be doing "other things"...
Then after the jobs are done, I sit with a cup of warm bubbling chai and a home made banana choc muffin (stolen from the preschoolers stash) and come across this little read:

"It will be gone before you know it. 
The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher. 
Then suddenly they disappear."

Wow... talk about a shift in perspective and a gratitude boost for all that is my life and love ~ My messy little preschooler !

 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful reminder of the messy joy of our little friends... ive been pondering my resistence to my own four yr old of late, my struggle to engage completely with her, my wanting her to be and act in different ways.... i was thinking perhaps it grates on me because gypsy is so intensly in the moment while my being is often skipping into the future, wallowing in the past or just looking for escape from this very moment... Gypsy has sooo very much to teach me.. little guru... love how those little messages pop up in perfect timing Rach.. love your words.. keep sharing .. om x

    ReplyDelete